The election results included:
- The UN Commission on the Status of Women: Saudi Arabia (leading practitioner of gender apartheid)
- The UN Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice: Afghanistan, China, and Russia (world leaders in the absence of the rule of law and lack of an independent judiciary)
- The UN Intergovernmental Working Group of Experts on International Standards of Accounting and Reporting: Belarus and Russia (states infamous for a lack of accountability)
- The Executive Board of the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF): Sudan (whose President is a fugitive charged with crimes against humanity and genocide perpetrated against, among others, the children of Sudan).
- The UN International Narcotics Control Board: Afghanistan (uncontrolled narcotics capital, world's largest producer of opium found in 90% of heroin worldwide)