Human Rights Voices

While the UN devotes its human rights operations to the demonization of the democratic state of Israel above all others and condemns the United States more often than the vast majority of non-democracies around the world, the voices of real victims around the world must be heard.

Palestinian Authority/Gaza, September 16, 2018

Palestinan terrorist stabs father of four Israeli-American man to death; heroic victim shot terrorist before dying

Original source

The Jerusalem Post

Mortally wounded terror victim Ari Fuld was able to chase his attacker - including jumping over obstacles - and shoot him, before succumbing to his wounds in the Gush Etzion junction on Sunday morning.

A father of four and a well known pro-Israel advocate Fuld was standing between the mall and the Rami Levi supermarket when he was stabbed in the back by Khalil Yusef Ali Jabarin, a 17 year-old Palestinian from the village of Yatta near Hebron.

According to witness accounts Jabarin hung out in the mall's parking lot for a short while before attacking Fuld. He bought a falafel and argued with the shop owner about the price.

Assaf Shilony said that according to security footage from his pizza store, Jabarin sat on the stone wall outside the shop's closed doors for some 15 minutes.

Then he walked he walked up to the corner, Shilony said. Just before the left turn to the Rami Levi supermarket, he stabbed Fuld in the back.

Jabarin then fled in the direction of the mall, with Fuld running after him, with his gun drawn.

Pizza store security footage showed a few moments of the chase, with panicked pedestrians racing away, Jabarin flying past and Fuld close at his heels with his gun drawn.

Gaby Vaknin, who works for the Gush Etzion development office, witnessed the attack.

"I heard someone yell terror attack and saw someone young with a 30 centimeter knife stab," Vaknin said.

He immediately dropped his phone and the small plastic bag he held in his hand.

Vaknin placed his hand on the gun he wore at his waist and, he too, raced after the terrorist.

Vaknin said he witnessed Fuld shoot at Jabarin.

As Jabarin neared the mall. Vaknin also shot him.

The mall's security guard Anatoly said he heard screams and saw people running away. Then as the terrorist came near him, he also drew his gun and shot.

Both Jabarin and Fuld, then lay wounded on the pavement, by the stores, a short distance from each other.

They were both taken to Jerusalem hospitals, where Jabarin was held in moderate condition and Fuld was declared dead.

Regional Council Chairman Shlomo Na'aman has temporally moved his office to the Gush Etzion junction to protest the move.

"I see the brutality of the attack. There is one goal behind these attacks; disrupt our way of life. Our Arab neighbors have to deal with one question: either you live with us here and act like human beings or you choose terrorism and then pay the full price. I call on the Israeli government and the IDF to give a harsh response and to cut the hands of terrorists!"