The meeting was held on June 19, 2017 under the Council's "Agenda Item 7," the only item on its permanent agenda dedicated to one specific country. Despite speeches by US UN Ambassador Nikki Haley on the "unacceptable" nature of the Council's treatment of Israel, the Trump administration remains a member of the Council and requires US taxpayers to cover 22% of its costs.
The meeting, which took place at the UN in Geneva, featured the following examples of hate speech under the guise of "human rights."
- Pakistan on behalf of the 56 states in the Organization of Islamic Cooperation: "The overall context is one of colonization and apartheid... The OIC condemns in the strongest terms the continuous incitement by the Israeli officials and terrorist settlers against the Palestinian people and their holy places..."
- Bangladesh: "[W]e continue witnessing Israeli aggression, colonial settlements, indiscriminate killing of innocent civilian people of Palestine, and their untold sufferings. Bangladesh continues to underscore that lasting solution to this crisis requires addressing the root causes leading to such violations, namely the Israeli state's Zionist ideology, which aims to establish a Jewish majority in historic Palestine through colonization, ethnic cleansing, and the systematic oppression and domination over the non-Jews."
- South Africa: "South Africa wishes once again to register its most serious concern related to the construction of the apartheid wall in the occupied Palestinian territory..."
- Iraq: "There are systematic murders by the occupying forces."
- Tunisia: "All this happens in a culture of impunity as Israel goes ahead with its settlement policies, transgressing and attacking holy places of Muslims and Christians in order to Judaize and change the demographics of Jerusalem."
- Venezuela: "We reject the colonialist policy of the occupying power which is terror, siege, and discrimination, ignoring all calls to dialogue and peace by the international community."
- Qatar: "It is essential thus that the international community reiterate its commitment before the International Criminal Court to ensure that-and then be brought to the racist violations of Israelis towards Palestinians."