Taking Action on the United Nations in 2017
- February 15, 2017: Members of the 'US-Israel Security Alliance,' a committee comprised of prominent civic, business and communal leaders, lobbied Senators to support cutting funding to the United Nations until the president certifies to Congress that United Nations Security Council Resolution 2334 has been repealed.
- February 2, 2017: A Joint Subcommittee (Middle East and North Africa; Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations) of the U.S. House of Foreign Affairs Committee held a hearing on Israel, the Palestinians, and the United Nations: Challenges for the New Administration.
- January 23, 2017: Launch of "Covenant of Democratic Nations." "In an effort to reconstitute the mission of achieving world peace, democratic nations devoted to genuine democracy, equality, and peaceful relations seek to replace the United Nations with the Covenant of Democratic Nations. The Covenant of Democratic Nations will review, re‐ratify, amend, or nullify all acts and resolutions of the United Nations and its agencies creating a new body of long‐overdue, reformed, and updated international law. Some suggest that the body may even sunset its own existence after its reform work is done."
- January 15, 2017: Over 1,000 people demonstrated outside the Israeli Embassy in Paris on Sunday, protesting against the Middle East peace conference taking place in the city. Protesters, many holding Israeli flags, said the summit attempts to hurt Israel's position and to divide Jerusalem, which they said is a concern to Jews worldwide...'I hoped that world leaders would have commemorated the Paris attacks and be fighting terror, but instead they're gathering for that conference. No resolution, no conference, can separate the Jewish people and Jerusalem,' he added."
- January 12, 2017: 5,000 people rallied in New York against the UN's targeting of Israel and for the end of U.S. funding to the UN. The rally was organized by The North American Coalition for Israel, which represents 50 pro-Israel groups.
- January 11, 2017: Over 260 members of Christians United for Israel (CUFI) lobbied on Capitol Hill for measures that call to repeal a recent United Nations resolution and to move the United States embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
- January 8, 2017: A rally against the UK's support for the UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements was held in central London. Protesters responded to a call from the Zionist Federation and other Jewish groups to show opposition to the what was described as the 'biased' resolution passed by the Security Council last month. Demonstrators on Sunday afternoon held aloft banners stating: 'UK! Don't Endorse UN Bias Against Israel'. Organisers said around 300 people attended.
- December 30, 2016: Hundreds of protesters from the Flaxmere Christian Fellowship rallied outside of New Zealand's Parliament to protest New Zealand's co-sponsorship of Security Council Resolution 2234.
- December 28, 2016: A hundred protesters rallied outside of the UN to protest Security Council Resolution 2234.
- November 30, 2016: Members of Congress held a press conference urging the Obama Administration to not take action on the Israel-Palestinian peace process at the UN during the lame-duck session.
- November 29, 2016: Congressman Doug Lamborn held a Congressional briefing on the implications of UN or Administration action on the Israel-Palestinian peace process during the lame-duck session, featuring Anne Bayefsky.