Commission on Human Rights
Report on the Sixty-First Session
(14 March-22 April 2005)
Economic and Social Council
Official Records, 2005
Supplement No. 3
Agenda of the sixty-first session of the Commission on Human Rights
- Election of officers.
- Adoption of the agenda.
- Organization of the work of the session.
- Report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights and follow-up to the World Conference on Human Rights.
- The right of peoples to self-determination and its application to peoples under colonial or alien domination or foreign occupation.
Racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and all forms of discrimination:
- Comprehensive implementation of and follow-up to the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action.
- The right to development.
- Question of the violation of human rights in the occupied Arab territories, including Palestine.
Question of the violation of human rights and fundamental freedoms in any part of the world, including:
- Question of human rights in Cyprus;
- Procedure Established in accordance with Economic and Social Council resolutions 1503 (XLVIII) and 2000/3.
- Economic, social and cultural rights.
Civil and political rights, including the questions of:
- Torture and detection;
- Disappearances and summary executions;
- Freedom of expression;
- Independence of the judiciary, administration of justice, impunity;
- Religious intolerance;
- States of emergency;
- Conscientious objection to military service.
Integration of the human rights of women and the gender perspective:
- Rights of the child.
Specific groups and individuals:
- Migrant workers;
- Mass exoduses and displaced persons;
- Other vulnerable groups and individuals.
- Indigenous issues.
Report of the Sub-Commission on the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights:
- Report and draft decisions;
- Election of members.
Promotion and protection of human rights:
- Status of the International Covenants on Human Rights;
- Human rights defenders;
- Information and education;
- Science and environment.
Effective functioning of human rights mechanisms:
- Treaty bodies;
- National institutions and regional arrangements;
- Adaptation and strengthening of the United Nations machinery for human rights.
- Advisory services and technical cooperation in the field of human rights.
- Rationalization of the work of the Commission.
- Draft provisional agenda for the sixty-second session of the Commission;
- Report to the Economic and Social Council on the sixty-first session of the Commission.